Gift of Hope Honors National Minority Donor Awareness Week with “Faces of Hope” Awards | August 7, 2014
Gift of Hope, the organ procurement organization serving Illinois and northeast Indiana, celebrated National Minority Donor Awareness Week with the “Faces of Hope” awards ceremony honoring Chicago city officials and professionals who have delivered long-term benefits to Hispanics and to the area of donation and transplantation.
Award recipients included:
- State Senator, 20th District, Iris Y. Martinez
- State Representative, 24th District, Elizabeth “Lisa” Hernandez
- State Representative, 4th District, Cynthia Soto
- State Representative, 2nd District, Edward “Eddie” Acevedo
- State Representative, 39th District, Maria Antonia “Toni” Berrios
- Dr. David Ansell, Senior Vice President, Clinical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer at Rush University Medical Center
- Dr. Jose Oberholzer MD, University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
- Andrés Jaramillo Ph.D., Director of the Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Laboratory at Gift of Hope
- Jose R. Sanchez, President & CEO, Norwegian American Hospital
- Juan Zavala, President of Latinos for Health
- Vicente Serrano, Producer and Journalist, “Sin Censura” Radio and TV
To learn more about Gift of Hope, click here.